Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bad Omens, Good Omens

Written in the airport, posted in the apartment (apologies for the wonky formatting!) - more to come.

We’re sitting in the airport right now with some time to kill before the flight boards, so I’ve decided to be proactive with the blog just to make sure I stay on top of things. Not that I’m superstitious or anything, but there have been some bad omens and good omens so far; I don’t know what they portend for the whole trip, but here they are:

  • Good: we closed on the house
  • Bad: the closing was up in the air until literally the last minute and we had pretty much no time to read anything.
  • Good: we don’t have to make a mortgage payment until October (WOOHOO!).
  • Bad: we hit a bird in the car on the way here (in my book, that’s really bad karma!)
  • Good: we had the best security check in ever (The line was a MILE long. Right as we approach a turn, a new line opens up, and the guy tells us to follow him. We bypass 30+ people to get our tickets and id checked. Then as we walk out of there, another guard motions starts diverting people to the short, first-class security, and we are the first to get that privilege. SWEET!).
  • Good: We walk out of the gate and see Uncle BJ! We thought we’d get to have dinner with him, but luckily for him, his flight got out on time.

Although that whole bird thing is weighing heavily on my mind (I can’t help but hear George Costanza yelling – we had a DEAL!), more good omens than bad omens. Hopefully, that’s an indication of how the trip will go.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time... I look forward to your updates!!! Safe travels!

    Cousin Paula

    ReplyDelete